Want travel-related news, tips, and actionable advice on getting the most out of your travels?
Travel tips, stories, trends, and deals from around the web. Curated by a multi-country expat, digital nomad, and writer with over 25 years of travel experience.
Stay up to date with the most interesting travel news, travel tips, and stories from around the world. Curated by a travel ethusiast and wannabe travel writer and travel journalist. Travel information, trends, cheap flights, and exclusive deals curated by an experienced multi-country expat and writer with almost years of travel experience.
Get the latest posts and articles from Nomad Flag plus the latest and greatest from the world of travel on the internet. I scour the Internet for interesting travel topics, apps, websites, and services that I use to have better travel experiences. Join the newsletter list and I’ll share my finds with you.
Add your details below and receive updates and hand-picked finds with next Nomad Flag Travel Newsletter! Cheers.
Praise for the travel content on Travel Talk email newsletter
Travel Newsletter Past Editions
Read previous newsletters, so you know what to expect:
- #25 – South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Albania, and Georgia.The benefits of wandering. The downside of bucket lists, Thailand’s dual pricing. Lost cities.
- #24 – Recommendations for visiting the Seychelles and Romania. Using Trainline and FlightConnections.com to book train and flight tickets. Geographical misconceptions, tackling fake hotel reviews, and a $10 million Airbnb initiative for “out-of-this-world” ideas.
- #23 – Expereince low-season travel. The Good Country Index. News on Bhutan’s new long-distance hiking trail. Resources for travelers. Hiking trails in Greece. Night trail travel.
- #22 – travel marketing ideas, flight connections website, worst performing airports, Hilton’s new brand, a futuristic city in Saudi Arabia, a project to read a book from every country, and useful digital nomad resources.
- #21 – Greece-Turkey-Albania travels, Antalya’s appeal, Turkey’s heritage, eSIMs, Booking.com monthly stays, Airbnb alternatives, expat rankings, and Lisbon’s pros and cons.
- #20 – Hopper app, major travel influencer lawsuit, interesting travel podcasts/articles/videos, boarding pass security, Qatar Airways adopts Avios, the happiness of travel, future of guidebooks, cheap flight hacks, App In The Air trip management
- #19 – frequent flyer programs’ importance, Thailand hotels suing guests over poor reviews, Bing Travel experiences, earn Avios with Airbnb bookings, win free worldwide travel for a year, Orient Express intrigue, language learning apps & TV shows, rent-free Airbnb stay in Sicily for a year.
- #18 – Tbilisi, Black Friday deals, cool and hipster neighborhoods, pandemic’s impact on travel, trains replacing planes in Europe, passport strength, Gastro Obscura, responsible travel, Iceland’s metaverse parody, Airbnb prices, brilliant bookshops & Lonely Planet’s “Best City” list critique.
- #17 – Discover the beauty of sleeper trains, world’s longest railway journey, Middle East as the next hiking destination, popular Airbnbs, redesigned airports, virtual city tours, bookstores you can stay in, and more in the book-nerd edition of Travel News.
- #16 – Travel roadblocks, world’s best coffee shops, Airbnb love & hate, airport security, food & travel books, stressful cities index, evolving travel writing, e-scooter issues, the new TCT hike, 8,000m peak challenges, Google Maps drawbacks.
- #15 – Airbnb offers $1 stays at Gaudí-designed home, Angela Maxwell walked around the world for 6 years, Nepal’s tourism industry struggles, Anthony Bourdain documentary; Safety Wing insurance coupons, italki language learning credits, Dubai, China, and Thailand digital nomad news, top expat destinations.
- #14 – Adapting to travel restrictions amid COVID-19, praising Airbnb’s customer support, Lonely Planet closing offices, wisdom from author Paul Theroux, challenges faced by travel influencers, and discovering ways to enjoy travel virtually.
- #13 – the world’s most expensive flight, explore affordable skiing in Georgia, discussion on overtourism & Airbnb issues, envision fully flat beds in economy class, uncover Peru’s wonders, and learn cheap flight hacks.
- #12 – Exploring Bulgaria, AwardMapper for hotel points hacking, Stasher for luggage storage, Algeria as top backpacking destination, retiring to Vietnam, Georgian wine, podcasts for digital nomads, Singapore’s Changi Airport, Europe’s hidden gems, and a stunning Azerbaijan photo.
- #11 – travel experiences in Kyiv and Tbilisi, flight compensation with Airhelp, living in Argentina, issues with book summary apps, online surf school.